Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Solution 4: Create a registry subkey[alert-note]To use this method, you will have to be an administrator on your system. If you aren’t one, please click trough the next page for a possible solution without you needing to have administrator permissions[/alert-note] [alert-warning]It’s extremely important that you follow the steps in this section carefully. You could get serious problems if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before modifying anything, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur[/alert-warning]
To create the registry subkey just follow these steps:
- Start by opening the Run box (Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run box)
- Type ‘regedit‘ in the box and press Enter. Enter your administrator password if you are asked for one, or click Allow
- In the left navigation page, go trough to following registrysubkey:
- Right-click on atapi, then New, and click on Key
- Type ‘Controllero‘ and press enter to close the box
- Right-click Controller0, point to New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value.
- Enter ‘EnumDevice1‘ and again, press enter to close the box
- Richt click on ‘EnumDevice1 and go trough Modify
- Type ‘1‘ in the Value data box and click OK to close the windows.
- Exit the Registry Editor and Restart your computer
If this doesn’t fix your error, please contact us by the command section of the forum for free, extra and professional help!